ADI SoundMax AC97 Integrated Digital Audio Driver
By downloading, you agree to the terms and conditions of the HP Software License Agreement.
Note: Some software requires a valid warranty, current HP support contract, or a license fee.
This SoftPaq contains the Windows 98SE, Windows 2000, and Windows XP audio driver for the desktop models listed below that have the ADI AC97 Integrated Digital Audio Controller.
- Customers using SoundMax II (Drivers 184.108.40.20609 or earlier) will lose Sensuara 3D algorithm Support.
- If you use Compaq System Software Manager (SSM) you must be using version 1.50 or later.
- For more information on Compaq SSM and to obtain the latest version of Compaq SSM please use the following URL: http://www.compaq.com/im/ssmwp.html
- Adds support for new products.
- Allows System tray volume applet to turn off sound (corrects issue found with ADI driver SoftPaq SP19397).
- Fixes problem where there was a Chinese character typo in a DLS Loader error message box caption.
- Respective Intel, VIa or Nvidia Chipset supported INF must be installed prior to installing this audio driver --
- For Intel chipsets (ICH2, 4 or 5) use SoftPaq SP24297 or greater
- For Nvidia chipsets (MCP1, 2 or CK8) use SoftPaq SP24324 or greater
- DirectX 6 or higher should be installed prior to installation of audio drivers from this Softpaq.
HOW TO USE:
1. Download the SoftPaq to a directory on your hard drive. The file downloaded is a self-extracting executable with a filename based on the SoftPaq Number listed on at the top of this document.
2. Execute the downloaded file and follow the on-screen instructions.
3. After the files have been unpacked, you may delete the self-extracting file downloaded in step 1.
4. To install: Execute the setup.exe file unpacked in step 2; The default location is C:\swsetup\SP24871, unless otherwise modified during step 2.
5. After the installation is completed, you may delete the directory created in step 2 if you wish.
Sign up now
for customized driver, security, patch, and support email alerts.